Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year to me

Ugh. I hate the flu.  Especially because I get a flu shot every year and I still always get it.  Don't you love how whichever the major flu of the year will be They seem to conscientiously forget to put that one in the shot?

Anyway, I've been sick since New Year's Eve.  The kids wanted to celebrate New Years by staying up til midnight and watching The Snowmen episode of Doctor Who that we hadn't seen yet because we were out of town the week after Xmas without access to the DVR.  God I love my nerdy kids!  They are so awesome!  Unfortunately I missed most of it related to the NyQuil coma that I was in.  I would wake up just to fast forward through commercials and catch snippits now and again.  So I was forced to watch it twice, darn!  I was happy to see that the Clara character apparently is the same as the Oswin character because I did love her in Asylum of the Daleks.  I actually had a bit of a "NO!  NOT T-DOG!" moment upon finding out she was really a Dalek.  I'm now super excited to see how they work this one out in the next series.  Anyone know when that's supposed to premiere?  I don't want to wait!

Other than that one bright Doctor spot in my week the rest was filled with illness.  I was sick hubby was sick, only 1 of 5 kids sick so far.  I did take the weekend off.  i assumed the new moms would prefer their newborns not getting the flu over getting extra breastfeeding help.  Luckily one of my amazing colleagues covered for me for a few hours both days.  Thanks Judy!  I'm going in tomorrow since I'm finally feeling almost human again and it is a long day. Meetings until 7 PM.  I hope I make it that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment